Thursday, April 18, 2013

It's been awhile... To say the least.

 So, do any of you remember when I said I was going to get back into blogging?  Yeah, so do I.  Here we are about 8 months later and I am finally getting around to it.  One of my New Year's Resolutions was to get back into it, and well, you can see how well that resolution worked out.  Better late than never!  I won't attempt to catch up on the last 8 months, but here are a few highlights:

I suppose the biggest news around here is that we are expecting another baby in mid July!  We're having another little girl, so Caroline will have a little sister.  We don't have a name for her yet, but we're throwing some options around.  We're not in too much of a hurry this time.  I think Steven is still trying to digest the fact that he is going to be out numbered in a few short months.
 Overall, this pregnancy has been just like my first.  I had HORRIBLE morning sickness that started day one and lasted the first three and a half months.  However, this time around, it was a little more challenging because I still had a very active little girl to keep up with when all I wanted to do was die on the couch.  November, December, and the first part of January were just a dark blur.  Needless to say, Caroline watched a lot of Sesame Street during that time!  However, once I got past the morning sickness, it has been smooth sailing.  My appetite returned with avengence and I have been eating like a truck driver ever since.  Other than my intense hankering for raw oysters, sushi, massive amounts of caffiene, and wine, I can't complain about too much.  I just started my 3rd trimester, but I haven't slowed down.... Yet...

I guess another noteable mention from the last several months would be that I started a shop on Etsy called Lucky Sweet Caroline (Caroline was born on St. Patty's day... Get it??).  I have always enjoyed "crafting" and tinkering around, but once I had Caroline, I had so many ideas/projects running through my mind.  Steven has always pushed me to sell my stuff, so I finally decided to open a shop, and just see what would happen.

 I opened my shop back in October and business has steadily increased.  I usually have any where from 1-3 orders a week, so it keeps me busy.  Steven is not planning on quitting his job any time soon, but it is at least a nice little something extra here and there.  Honestly, just having something to focus my obsessive energy and thought processes on is payment enough.  My number one job is still Mom and CEO of the Broussard house, but having a little something that is outside of that is nice.  Some weeks it is a challenge to juggle things and get my orders out on time, but between naptime and some late nights, I have been able to make it all happen.  I have no idea what will come of Lucky Sweet Caroline after Baby #2 arrives, but we will just take it one day at a time.

As for my number one job, wrangling Caroline, I have no idea where to begin.  She has grown and changed so much over the last several months.  To say that she is sassy, willful, and spunky is an understatement.  I am enjoying my time with her more and more every day and I just love the little person she is becoming. 

She turned 2 back in March, and we of course had a full-blown birthday party, which will have to be covered in another post.  I am still just in a little disbelief that I have managed to keep a human alive for 2 years, never mind the fact that I have another little person on the way.
 
 
 
Yup, that's Caroline.  She's changed a little since the last time I checked in, no?  Sigh.  Because I see her all day every day, I don't realize how much she has changed until I see an older picture of her.  The main reason I want to get back to blogging is so that I will have some sort of record of all the things she is doing (yes, I know that's what the baby book and scrapbook are for, but don't even ask about the status of those items).  Oh and for my legions of readers who are dying for the next thrilling installment in my stay at home mom saga.  Fortunately, in my long absence, I have noticed that Blogger has finally made some nice changes which makes it a little easier for a totally impatient and technologically challenged person like myself to crank something out with minimal frustration, so hopefully I will be a little more motivated to get on here more often. 
 
Hopefully I will see ya sooner rather than later!  So long for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment