Monday, January 16, 2012

Caroline's "Room"

When we went to see my parents over Thanksgiving, Steven and I made the decision to put Caroline in a separate room to sleep. We all (Dumb and Dumber Fred and Jack included) just end up distrubing each other when we are in the same room and no one sleeps, which results in some very cranky Broussards. At first, I voted that we put Caroline's pack n' play back in the spare bedroom, but then we would have had to sleep with the monitor and Steven absolutely can not stand sleeping with the monitor on (our house is teensy-tiny and our rooms are literally right across the hall from one another-therefore, we do not sleep with a monitor on). So, the only other option was for Caroline to sleep in my old closet.

Now, before you get all judgemental on me, let me clarify. Before my parents added on to their house when I was in high school, the room that is now "my" room used to be the master suite, so it had a huge walk-in closet (Yes, I am 28 years old and still refer to a room in my parents' house as mine). I think that closet is actually bigger than my dorm room was my freshman year in good ol' Drummond. That being said, space would not be an issue when it came to setting up a pack n' play and having a quiet dark place for Caroline to sleep. It wasn't like she was going to be playing in there.

The entire trip, my mom just kept going on and on about how she couldn't believe we had put her in the closet. Granted, there was a treadmill and many other things in said closet, but like I said, Caroline just needed it to sleep. As I mentioned in a previous post, we went to see my parents the weekend after New Years. Steven and I just assumed that we would utilize the same set-up that we had over Thanksgiving, but Grandma Daisy had other plans......

I give you, Caroline's Room:




Yes, that's right. My mom turned a closet into a "room" for Caroline. She just couldn't stand the thought of her being a "closet case", so she got busy. You know my mom is running out of "projects" and rooms to re-do when she starts revamping closets. (P.S. That little wooden rocking chair is mine from when I was little).





Caroline loved her new room!



That is my old doll buggy, and in it is my doll Jingles. Jingles was glued to my side when I was growing up. Yes, my mom still has just about every toy I ever owned (that Barbie Dream House is going to come in handy some day!). Good thing I was OCD and anal even as a kid because most of my toys are like new, even though I think they would actually be classified as "vintage".

A bunch of my old stuffed animals, mostly my Easter bunnies that I received for Easter every year.





Getting to know Jingles




I still think my mom is crazy, but I have to say, it was nice for Caroline to have her own little space right off of our room (yes Mom, you told me so).





"Thank you Grandma Daisy! I can't wait to come back to your house and play in my closet room!"

1 comment: