Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chad and Emily's Shower

The last weekend in January, I co-hosted a couple's shower for one of my besties, Emily, and her fiance Chad. They started dating when we were in college, so it makes my heart happy to see them gettin' hitched. I feel like I have a special place in their relationship because Emily relies on my freakish memory of random dates to remember when she and Chad went on their first date back in the day. Yes, I am that person. Any way, they will be tying the knot March 24, so it was high time to shower them with some goodies!

We had the shower in Oklahoma City at Ari's (one of Em's bffs from childhood/high school) adorable house. Long story short, Steven and Caroline ended up staying back in Wichita Falls for the evening for various reasons. It was actually the first time that the two of them spent a night together without me. I would be lying if I said I wasn't just a little thrilled that Steven would get to experience wrangling Caroline all by himself for almost 24 hours. He did great though. However, my house was a bit of a disaster when I got home, which proves my point of taking care of a kid AND a house is not as easy as it seems. In the end, Steven said he could have handled it another couple days, but he was glad that I was home and he now has a new-found respect/admiration for what I do on a daily basis. I think some one was trying to win some brownie points. Good husband ;)

Since we were expecting a little under 30 people, we did a "taco bar" for food. We had shredded chicken and beef, and hard and soft tacos, along with a bunch of toppings to choose from. Tiffany came up from Dallas to Wichita Falls the night before to help me with all of the food, and thank goodness she did. I would have never been able to do it without her! We were some cooking machines!

The food table


I finally got out my Cricut machine that my mom gave me and figured out how to do some basic letters... Look out, I am on my way to world domination.

The spread

Red velvet cupcakes. I put Tif to work in my sweat shop gluing the little monogram circles onto the toothpicks. She loves me.



Funny story: Those little green things around the votive candles in the jar are actually split peas..... From my wedding. Yup, I kept some of them. I literally had pounds and pounds of them, and I threw away a bunch of them, but I kept some just in case. Glad I did. I don't recommend eating them though.... Right Chad???









The beverages



Yes, I did make water bottle labels.... Because, yes, I am crazy. Duh.



Chad and Em!



The hostesses and the Bride: Yours Truly, Tiffany, Emily, and Ari


*Side note: When we were taking this pic, I started with my hand on my hip as usual (because it makes your arm look thinner, duh), but I could hear my mother's voice in my head saying that it made me look bossy... Well, I rest my case. I'll take bossy over fat arm any day. Sorry Mom.



After everybody caught up and ate some grub, we settled in to watch Chad and Em open their presents.


Tif, Ashley and Darcy, enjoying her water... Yay for Baby Bevill!!!!



I really wanted to take more people pics, but I got busy and let's face it, I was borderline creepy camera girl... So this is about all I got.







I love the "you-are-crazy" look Em is giving Chad here-ha!



Coffee table books! Hooray for being a grown-up!


Some new vino glasses ;)


This was when Emily was trying to explain to Chad that "Yes, in fact, we DO need 700 serving pieces". Sorry Chad, but you are fighting a losing battle on this one. But don't take it from me... The crazy woman with 60% of her kitchen storage dedicated to serving pieces... Hi my name is Dallas, and I am a serving dish-aholic.



We had a great time celebrating two people I love dearly. It was so good to see old friends from college that I hadn't seen since... Well, college I guess. We all thought it was kinda funny to think about how much our lives had changed. We used to get together at Joe's/The Dirty Dog/Murphy's for fun on a Saturday night, and now we're all frequenting couple's showers and talking about our kids. Funny how life changes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment