Thursday, June 9, 2011

Caroline: 1 & 2 Months

1 Month


Where do I even begin??? The first month of Caroline's life was pretty much a blur. All I can really remember is feeling like a dairy cow and being so tired I could cry (which I did a few times). I know every one tells you how hard it is with a newborn at first, but I just don't think you can fully understand until you actually have one and have to care for it 24/7. I'm always up for a challenge, and before Caroline was born, I thought "It is just one little baby, how hard can it be?". Oh did I get my answer. I actually remember at one point turning to Steven and saying "Isn't there some place that you can send babies for like the first 3 weeks until they're over all of this???" I wasn't serious of course and I absolutely love Caroline to the moon and back, but when you've only had 30 minutes of sleep and it is time to get up and nurse AGAIN for an hour and then spend another hour and a half trying to get the little bambino back to sleep, you become desperate. In those first 3-4 weeks, I found myself wondering how anyone could do this more than once and I actually started thinking that I might never have another baby ha! Needless to say, things are MUCH better now and I wouldn't trade my little girl for anything in the world!






Not real sure what to make of all this....




2 Months


Boy what a difference a month can make! The second month was SO much easier than the first. For once, I found myself thinking, "Ok. I've got this". Caroline got her days and her nights straightened out, and even though I did still have to get up once and feed her during the night, she would go right back to sleep and the whole thing would take about half an hour. Caroline started to develop much more of a little personality this month too! In the mornings when she would wake up, she would just hang out in her cradle and squirm and talk to herself. She would make such happy noises! And, best of all, at 7 1/2 weeks, she started sleeping through the night!!!! I couldn't believe it the first time it happened. So, with that, at 8 weeks, we moved her into her room. I really didn't want to start her out sleeping in our room, but Steven insisted. So, once she started sleeping through the night, I wanted her in her own room before she became too attached to sleeping in our room. She did great with the transition. Didn't even have one rough night, much to my relief.




At her 2 month checkup, she weighed 9lbs. 6 oz. and was 22 3/4 inches long (she was 7lbs. 2 oz. and 20 inches long when she was born). That put her in the 20 percentile in weight and the 75 percentile in height. I was concerned that she was too skinny, but the doctor reassured me that she is just fine and she will fill out eventually. I drive Steven crazy with all of my worrying, but hey, that's what moms do right?


Wonder where she gets those long legs???




A little smile!




I can't believe that my sweet Caroline with be 3 months old in just a few more days (June 17). However, I am glad that we have the newborn stage behind us. I am having so much fun with my little buddy and I just can't wait to see how she keeps growing and changing!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're doing this! Caroline is absolutely adorable (big surprise there), and I'm so glad that you and Steven are doing well. I have to say, that's an awfully cute bow in her 2 month pictures. :) :)
    Love you and miss you! I'm so glad y'all are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA! So glad you got this going! Looking forward to your next visit....??? :)

    ReplyDelete