Saturday, March 3, 2012

Elmo

As much as I dreaded having "characters" take over our house/lives, I am afraid to say that Caroline is a smitten kitten. Who is the obnoxious character of her obsession, you might ask? None other than Elmo.

He is red, furry, and has big eye balls on the top of his head. His voice is funny borderline annoying, and yet you can't help but smile. But Caroline doesn't care. She loves him any way. And truth be told, the lovable little dude has grown on Steven and I as well.

The funny thing is, Caroline doesn't even really know who Elmo is. I have tried to get her to watch Sesame Street a couple times just to get her to sit still for more than 30 seconds, but she couldn't be less interested in the TV (which I am perfectly ok with-I already felt like a bad mom for trying). However, our phones are another story. Back when Caroline started teething and she was an angry bear, out of total desperation, I pulled up Elmo on Youtube. When Elmo did his thing, a magical thing happened: Caroline stopped crying (and so did I). The Youtube videos are perfect for her because they are only 1-2 minutes long, which is about all she can stand.

The first video she fell in love with was Elmo's Song. It is a catchy little number. Another favorite is Elmo's Ducks. I may or may not know every single word to that song (and many others). They have become my life-line when trying to get through the checkout at the grocery store or when we go out to eat. I always said I would never do that, but as most of you know, I am living my list of "nevers".

Grandma Daisy bought Caroline a big Elmo for Christmas. He is pretty much as big as she is. But that doesn't stop her from carrying him all over the house.



Two lovable facesGiving Elmo some love. She is such a lovey little thing. When she loves/likes something, she turns her head and puts her cheek to whatever it is that she is loving at the moment. I didn't teach her that. She just started doing it one day. It makes my heart smile ;)


Kissing Elmo



Doing some yoga with Elmo. Gotta work on that Downward Dog!


Off they go! (Doesn't Elmo look excited??)



Showing Elmo to Jack



And of course she has Elmo PJs. Duh.



Loving on Elmo again

Elmo can never have too many hugs




Like I said, she reallllyyyyy loves Elmo...






So sweet :)



Elmo may be the first, but I'm sure he won't be the last character to take over our house. I'm just waiting for the day that Steven shows up to work with a Little Mermaid band-aid ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment