Sunday, August 28, 2011

Vacation Part 4

Okay, I'm FINALLY wrapping up the vacation posts.

We left Destin on Sunday and headed back to Lafayette to spend a couple days before we made the trek back to Wichita Falls.

We stayed with Pops and Sugar again. I think Pops was really glad to see us again. He had been by himself for most of the week, surviving on pork and beans (Steven does not take after his father-he can actually cook! Lucky me!).

It was nice to relax a little and enjoy the help with Caroline. Sugar kept saying that Caroline was going to be spoiled when we got home, but actually, I was the spoiled one. It must be absolutely AMAZING to have family living in the same town when you have a little one. At first, I felt so bad for letting any one else take care of Caroline. I didn't want to seem as if I was just dumping my obligations on other people. But I soon learned to just sit back and enjoy it while it lasts, because back in Wichita Falls, Steven and I are on our own again.



If you can't tell, this little girl totally has Pops wrapped around her little finger :)



Caroline decided that she had totally had it with lying down or even at a slight incline. She wanted to be upright RIGHT NOW! Since we were tight on space in the car, I didn't pack the Bumbo. But, never fear, Sugar to the rescue. She rigged up this little basket for Caroline to sit up and play in. She was actually pretty happy in it for a little bit.

Baby in a Basket :)


Monday night, Steven and I went out to eat with a couple of his friends. Sugar and Pops were once again gracious enough to watch Caroline. When we got home, we assumed Caroline would be asleep. We were wrong! When we didn't see her in her pack n' play, we went to Sugar and Pops' room to investigate and this is what we found:


Can you say spoiled???



She loves her Pops!


We were planning on leaving late Tuesday night and driving through the night again. We wanted to see every one again before we left, so Janet had us all over for dinner that night before we left.


The whole time we were gone, Caroline was really interested in food. She started grabbing at whatever any one was eating and she would smack her lips while she watched us eat. I was planning on starting to introduce veggies at 5 months, which was about 10 days away, but I could tell that my girl was HUNGRY and milk just wasn't doing it any more. I planned on making the majority of her food myself, but I decided to just go ahead and pick up a little container of green beans and give it a go.


We tried it that night at Janet's house and it actually went pretty well. She made a weird face at first, but once she got used to the texture/taste, she went to town.

Trying green beans for the first time!


YUM!


We left that night around 11:15 and headed back to Wichita Falls. It was a rough drive due to the fact that we were both so tired. We rolled into Wichita Falls a little after 7:00 the next morning. Caroline of course slept the whole way and was ready to go when we got home. However, we were ready to crash and we didn't have Sugar and Pops here to take the little nugget off of our hands for a little bit. Needless to say, it was a rough day...


All in all, we had a great vacation and were really sad that it was over. It was SO nice to see green and water. I didn't realize how much I had missed both of those. I'll admit, it is a little depressing to be back in brown Wichita Falls, but it is nice to be back in our own house and back in a routine. So, until our next road trip, we will just have to settle for the fake falls off of I-44 :)


No comments:

Post a Comment