Monday, September 19, 2011

Caroline 6 months

Well, I can't believe it, but as of this past Saturday, my Sweet Caroline is 6 months old. Where has time gone? Oh yeah that's right... It has gone into feeding, burping, changing, rocking, bouncing, feeding, laundry, middle-of-the-night wake up calls, burping, changing, feeding, rocking, bouncing.... Ok you get the idea. When I think about it, I feel like time has gone by so fast, and yet at times it seemed to stand still (like around 3:00 a.m.). All I can say is I am doing a little happy dance because Steven and I have not only managed to keep a human alive for 6 months, but she is also thriving. And to be honest, I'm not sure I have even thought about what comes next. In those first few weeks of her life, I just kept telling myself that if I made it to 6 months, then I could do this "mom thing". So now what???

Things just keep getting more and more interesting, but also more fun. I think I love each month more than the last. Caroline is an absolute joy to be around (most of the time). She is so happy, which tells me we must be doing a few things right. Whenever we go to the store or just about any where else, people get so tickled at her because she will smile at pretty much any one, even complete strangers. Steven and I are total suckers for that little smile. It is absolutely impossible to be in a bad mood when you see that sweet little smile.

As I mentioned in my last post, she still doesn't have a tooth yet, but I have a feeling it will be any day. She has had her crabby moments and has been drooling up a storm. She has been chewing on anything and everything.

Even though she doesn't have any teeth, she is doing great with real food. She loves green beans, yellow squash, butternut squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes. One thing that she HATES is peas (and believe me I tried and tried to get her to eat them). The apple didn't fall too far from the tree because I despise peas. We started fruit this past Saturday. I gave her some banana, which she wasn't too crazy about at first. She seems to be coming around and enjoying it now though.

Caroline is such a squirmy worm. She is definitely not a baby you can just sit and rock. No way. Changing her these days is a lot like wrestling a greased pig (I have never actually attempted to wrestle a greased pig, but I imagine it would be a lot like trying to clean and diaper my child). Those long legs and arms are always in constant motion. I just can't wait to put tap shoes on her. Or maybe I can :)

And speaking of always being in motion, as I mentioned in my last post, she is on the move. Big time. I can't take my eye off of her for one second. I can already tell we are going to have lots of bumps and bruises in the coming weeks and months.

Lately, one of her favorite things is "BOO!". I have no idea why, but I just started saying it to her one day and she thought it was the most hysterical thing ever. So now, Steven and I have a game where we will turn our head away from her and then spin around real fast and say "BOO!". She absolutely loses it. For some reason, she also thinks Fred is really funny too, even when he isn't necessarily doing anything too spectacular except slinging water through the entire house. I however don't find that too amusing. I know. I'm narrow minded.





Woo! I'm 6 months old!



"Oh hey weird bird.... I remember you from last month's photo shoot."

And she still can't leave the weird bird alone.



"Now, let's see what I can do with you."




Cheese!




Annnnnddddd there goes the weird blue bird again....




She is starting to fill out a little, but I'm now convinced that Caroline will never be a rolly-polly baby. She moves around too much. We go to the doctor for her 6 month check-up on Wednesday, so we will see what she is weighing and how long she is. Love those frog legs :)




Finally got one leg to stretch out a little




And of course, she can't sit still. Even in her crib, she crawls all over the place.




But at least she is cute while she is doing it :)




Going after the apple...




Almost there....




Got there and lost interest in it since it was within reach. Time to move on to the next thing!



No comments:

Post a Comment