Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Kendra's Wedding

In totally unrelated news, Caroline went to the doctor today for her 6 month well visit. She weighs 14 lbs. 5 oz. and is 27 inches long. Woo!

Well, as usual, I am running about 2 weeks late in life. I've come to accept it as mynew norm. Any whoodle, September has been wedding week for the Broussards. Our first wedding of the month was my dear friend Kendra's.

Kendra was in my pledge class at Gamma Phi at OSU. To say that I don't feel old enough to be this old is an understatement. I still have a hard time believing that we are all old enough to not only live on our own, but to get married and have babies. Kendra was one of my bestest (Yes, I know it is not a real word) friends at OSU. She is quite possibly the most giving and humorous person I know. So, to say that the man in her life had a tall bill to fill is an understatement. However, Gary has met and exceeded every expectation I would have ever had, so I am ridiculously excited for the two of them. And I was SO honored to be able to be part of their big day. Okay, okay. I'll stop being creepy and get to the good stuff... What can I say?! I love my friends!

Steven and I left Friday morning around 9:00 a.m. to head to Dallas. Grandma Daisy and Bump had graciously agreed to come down and stay with our Sweet Caroline while we participated in the wedding activities. We arrived in Dallas around 11:00 a.m. Kendra's Bridesmaid's Luncheon was at St. Ann's Restaurant in downtown Dallas. We sat outside and it was absolutely perfect! Every one was enjoying the much cooler TX temps (by cooler, I mean it was in the 80's).






Me, Tiff, and Emily. Tiff is actually getting hitched this coming weekend, and Emily is newly engaged and set to be married next March!



After lunch on our way to get mani/pedis!






On Friday evening, we had the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. It was so good to see old friends. The funny thing is, it doesn't matter how much time has passed or how little/much we have communicated, we can always pick up where we left off and have a great time. I love that about my friends :)




Rehearsal Dinner. From left to right: Back row: Megan, Kendra (Bride!), Jess, Lori, Jenny, Jerrica; Front row: Tiffany, Emily, Emily, Me






Saturday was the big day. We all met at the church to get our hair did and get beautified. It was so much fun just hanging out and getting ready together. I must say though, the bride was TOTALLY calm, and I was a nervous wreck. I felt like I should have been wiping a butt doing something. I guess the "mom" in me just can't rest.



Emily, Lori, and Jenny, getting prettified!

The beautiful bride, Kendra!


When I got married, a friend passed this cute little zip up sweat shirt down to me. I decided to make it part of tradition and pass it down to my friends on their wedding day. It is perfect for wedding day beautification because it zips down the front and won't mess up the 'do!



Kendra's shoes. Ob.sess.ed. OMG. Not only were they glittery Christian Louboutin, but they were a size 5 1/2 aka adorable. My feet are about twice that size, so yes I am envious because shoes never look that cute on my feet.



All ready to go! Tiff and Em



Tiff, Me, and Em, just waiting for the festivities to start!




The wedding was absolutely beautiful. Perfect in every way! The reception was at Union Station downtown Dallas. It was absolutely STUNNING! I wish that I had actually taken pictures of the space and decor, but once again, I only had my point and click camera, so I coudn't get to excited. I'm pretty sure that all of the pics I took were taken in a 10 minute span. I had a lot of dancing to do :)


Friends! Bottom, left to right: Jess, Ang (and Baby Max!), Lori, Natalie (and Baby Matilda!); Second row, left to right: Me, Katherine, Tiffany, Ashley, Jo, Meghan; Top, left to right: Darcy and Emily




So you know the saying "If you want something done right, do it yourself"? Yeah... I finally had the opportunity to get a group pic with the bride, and I gave my camera to one of the boys, and this is what I got:


Oops. Oh well. At least we were all having fun!



Me, Natalie (and Baby Matilda!) Megan, Darcy, Lori, and Julie. Love my Gammi Phi's!



This was the only pic of Steven and I.... I love how Lori is totally camera ready in the background :)




I got my dance on.


Funny story: Chad and Steven actually took public transportion aka "the bus" to the reception. That's right. Chad keeps a roll of quarters in his pocket. These two are banned from hanging out together.


Sending off the Bride and Groom with our heart-shaped sparklers!




Okay, so I know most of you who read my blog only tune in for Caroline updates. Don't worry. While Mom and Dad were away watching videos of her on their phones having fun, my Sweet Caroline was having some quality Grandma Daisy and Bump time.

Enjoying her swing and the nice weather with Grandma Daisy!


Loves her swing!


Watching her bath fill up... Yup, she is staniding up by herself. Yikes.

"WoW!"


Caroline loves her Grandma Daisy!

Hanging out with Grandma Daisy and Maggie


Caroline, Bump, and Grandma Daisy


Having fun with Bump :)


We're off to Tulsa tomorrow morning for Tiffany's wedding, and this time we have Caroline in tow. It will be an interesting weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment