Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree

Last week, we went to pick out and buy our Christmas tree. I wish I could say that we went to a farm and chopped one down a la Christmas Vacation, but Lowes it was.


Caroline and Daddy amongst the trees. Which one will it be??? (Doesn't she look thrilled?)

We found it! Our perfect tree!


I decorated the tree the next day while Steven was at work. I did a little while Caroline was napping and she helped me a little when she woke up. Steven was a little annoyed that I didn't wait for him, but let's face it, Caroline has no idea what is going on, and he isn't exactly Buddy the Elf (he is not lacking enthusiasm, but his attention span doesn't last long enough to get the job done). I have so much to do before Christmas and as a mom, you learn to make the most of EVERY single second of the day, so I was really anxious to just get it done. In years to come, when Caroline actually "gets" it, we will most definitely decorate it as a family... And Steven will probably watch ;)


When Steven got home that night, he and Caroline put the angel on the top of the tree.

Meeting the angel
And up she goes....


Admiring their work. We fixed the poor angel after this since we realized she was about to take a nose dive off the top of the tree (please ignore the pile of folded clothes on my coffee table in the background; at least they are clean and folded right?).


We're getting pretty excited about Christmas around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment