Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving

I am running a little low on energy tonight (big surprise), so I am going to save you all the boring details and just basically let the pictures do the talking.

We had a nice Thanksgiving this year. We spent it with my parents and it was nice to see them. I am pretty sure that we succeeded in driving my parents totally crazy, so our holiday mission was accomplished.

Thanksgiving morning started with this:


Fred has a problem with staying out from underneath your feet, so Grandma Daisy secured him in the mudroom while we were trying to cook. Apparently Fred doesn't like being by himself. Who knew?


Before dinner that afternoon, my brother Drew and his wife Heather came over with their kiddos Hudson and Gracyn. They were up from San Antonio visiting family in Guymon, so they came on over to see us and my dad.

My niece Gracyn turned 3 two days after Thanksgiving, so we had to do a little present opening. Don't you love her shades??? She is just too funny. I love love love how sassy she is ;)


Caroline and Hudson had fun playing with the bow from Gracyn's presents. It was so fun to see Caroline kind of play with her cousins. She is the youngest cousin on Steven's side of the family by about 10 years, so it is nice that some of her cousins on my side of the family are closer to her age.




Family Pic! This was about the best we could get of everybody. I think it is pretty good considering all of the little ones in the pic. My dad just can't seem to take his eyes off his grand kids ;)


It was horribly windy Thanksgiving Day (Really? In Oklahoma???). Nevertheless, we all headed out back to say hi to the horses.







Gracyn wasn't too sure what to think of the horses. Drew was trying to get her to feed them.


I wish I could have gotten her face here. It was hilarious!


"Ewwwww!"


My Sweet Caroline's First Thanksgiving!


After lunch, my other brother Hunter and his daughter Zayne came over to visit. Zayne hadn't met Caroline yet, so she was really excited.


Zayne is such an awesome big cousin! She was so sweet to Caroline and was so good with her. Caroline loved her!


Zayne and Caroline playing.


Another family pic. Of course Fred had to be in it. Poor Steven. At least my Dad and Hunter didn't put him in the middle like they did in our last Thanksgiving pic.


Caroline really did love Zayne, despite what it looks like in this pic. It was almost nap time, and poor Caroline had had a big day. I just love my sweet little niece!

On Saturday, Mom and I were determined to just get one tree up so that we could get Caroline's picture in front of it. Needless to say, it was a little harder to do this year, thanks to a certain little busy body.

Checking out the tree and probably devising a plan to climb it.

On the go!


Caroline read her Christmas book while we decorated.

I have mentioned this before, but my mom has an entire storage building dedicated to nothing but decorations, 99% of them being Christmas decorations. She has been wanting to get rid of some stuff, so we went shopping in her shed for some goodies for my house.


Since we were going to my parent's house in the middle of nowhere, and we had already packed the kitchen sink, I didn't bring the stroller. But, never fear. Grandma Daisy can solve that little problem. I give you the Redneck Stroller:

We got some good stuff!

It was kinda chilly that day, so I bundled Caroline up so well that she couldn't even move. She was totally content though!


And of course, Grandma Daisy can't wait until Christmas to spoil Caroline, so she had to get her some goodies a little early.

Caroline, in her Elmo PJs reading her Elmo Christmas book with Grandma Daisy.

Overall, it was a great Thanksgiving. We had so much to be thankful for this year. It has been a crazy year to say the least. Last year we spent out last Thanksgiving in our house in Charleston and the movers showed up on Black Friday to start packing us up. I just can't believe that we are quickly approaching 1 year since we moved to WF from Charleston, and that it has been almost 9 months since Caroline was born. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment