Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fred, the Food Scavenger

It is no secret in the Broussard household that Fred is a food thief hound. We have a very strict "no-people-food-for-dogs" policy in our house. From day one, I never wanted our dogs to have food from the table because it just reinforces the bad habit of begging. Interestingly enough, even though we never fed Fred from the table, one day he realized what food was and has been the most obnoxious beggar since (much to my disgruntlement). I really think that Fred would sell his soul to the Devil for food.


This being said, I knew it was only a matter of time before Fred figured out that Caroline is an easy source of food. Caroline is in the process of learning to feed herself various things. Of course, when she feeds herself, the high chair and surrounding areas don't stay as clean (I keep telling my Type A minus self that this is part of the learning process...). Fred immediately picked up on the fact that food was falling onto the floor or into the seat of Caroline's high chair. Now, whenever I go to put Caroline in her high chair, Fred is RIGHT there ready to catch any falling morsels. And, Caroline has learned to reach over and offer Fred a slobbery bite of whatever she is eating. Fred is more than happy to oblige her in this game.



"Are you going to eat that soggy puff stuck to the side of your leg? No?"



"Here, let me get that for you. No, really, I don't mind at all."

*When he is doing this, he will literally lift Caroline up with his nose to get the goodies underneath her, and usually, he pushes the high chair back and forth while doing this. None of this even phases Caroline.



"Let me see, is there anything else?"


Caroline: "Fred, you're so busted."


After Caroline is finished, there is hardly anything for me to clean up, so I guess I should be thankful for my 90 lb brown dust buster. It's a hard job, but some one named Fred has to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment