Monday, November 14, 2011

Poor Sick Caroline

Well, since Caroline started going to Mother's Day Out a couple weeks ago, I guess it is no surprise that my girl got her first cold. The past couple days around here have been pretty rough. At first, I thought she was just getting ready to cut another tooth since she was so fussy and running a low fever. But after not sleeping at all Saturday night and running a fever of 101.6 Sunday morning around 4 a.m., I knew we were dealing with something else. I have spent the last two nights in the rocker/recliner in her room holding her because she wouldn't sleep if I put her down. She just wants to be held non-stop, which is SO not like her. Needless to say, the Broussards are running on fumes.

And of course all of this happened over the weekend when the doctor's office is closed-I think they call that Murphy's Law of Raising Children. I called the doctor first thing this morning (Monday) and the earliest our pediatrician could see her was 4:00. Needless to say, it was a VERY long day. And, just as my BFF Darcy suspected, she had some sort of a little cold virus that then gave her an ear infection. Poor baby. The doctor gave her an antibiotic and some drops for her ear, so we should be able to kick this thing soon. It has been so hard to see my Sweet Caroline so sad and so sick, especially when she is normally such a happy, easy-going baby.



Poor Caroline :( I wish I could say that I am sick to so that I could have an excuse for my appearance in this picture. Hopefully our girl will be back on the move in a couple days!

No comments:

Post a Comment