Monday, October 17, 2011

Caroline 7 months

Well, once again, time keeps flying. Caroline Grace is 7 months old! I can't believe that in just 5 months, she will be one. Crazy.

Things just keep getting more interesting around here. Caroline has taken off and is into EVERYTHING. She is no longer really content to be in the "baby-mobility-inhibitor" AKA activity center. She just wants to be down in the floor crawling around and checking things out.

As I mentioned a couple posts ago, she started pulling herself up a couple weeks ago. As if that isn't impressive enough, she is now starting to "cruise" once she gets up. Her favorite thing to pull up on is my chair in the living room. She will start at one corner and walk herself over to the other corner. It isn't a long distance, but the point is she is able to move once she gets up. She has also figured out how to get herself down most of the time too. For the most part, she can sit herself back down in a fairly controlled motion. But, I still have to come rescue her some times.

My crazy girl is also trying to climb anything that stands still. When she stands up on my chair, she tries and tries to climb up into it. When I carry her on my hip, she will plant her feet on my hip bone, stand up, and start grabbing anything (usually my hair) she can to get up. I'm not sure where she is trying to go other than the top of my head. I am used to it, but when other people hold her, they are a little taken aback when she tries to climb them. That's my girl!

Caroline finally has two teeth! I feel like this teething process has been going on forever and the bottom two finally popped through within about 2 days of each other. You can just now barely see them when she smiles. It is going to be so weird to see her huge smile with two little teeth.

My girl is quite the little piglet. She is doing great with real food. I introduced fruit about a month ago, and she has LOVED it. I think she would eat her weight in peaches and pears if I let her. I've also been giving her these little baby "rice cakes" to chew on. They have been helping her get the hang of feeding herself and chewing. We're working on the sippy cup, but so far, all she wants to do is chew on the spout.



Such a little ham

It was so hard to get these pictures. She would not sit still or leave the weird blue bird alone!




Getting so big!


This next picture absolutely melts me:


In the words of Rachel Zoe, "I die".


This was about the only way I could get a pic of her face

And of course, she just had to stand up and see what was going on outside her crib. Those eyes kill me!


Blowing raspberries on the rail

I don't even know how those skinny little legs can hold her up, but they do!


So as you can see, I kind of had a mini photo shoot... I couldn't help it! She was hamming it up!


I kept trying to get her to smile big enough to see her teeth, but of course, she was on to me and didn't want to give it up too easily


*Sigh*

If you look VERY closely in this pic, you can see those two little toofers poking through on the bottom.


Those eyes. She has already totally perfected that "please-let-me-have-chocolate-cake-for-breakfast" look. I don't stand a chance and Steven might as well be a goner.


I can't believe another month has already come and gone. Each seems to go faster than the last, and I am loving each month more and more. It is so amazing to see her grow and change so much and to see the little person she is becoming. Even though it has been 7 months, I still find myself in disbelief that I am responsible for such an awesome little person.

No comments:

Post a Comment