Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Playing Outside the um...Box?

Long gone are the days when Caroline would spent long periods of time playing in her activity center. Now, if I try to put her in it, she screams. But, just when I was thinking that it might be time for the activity center to head up to the attic, Caroline started standing outside of it and playing. Of course, I do miss the days when I could put her in it and not have to worry about where she would end up in the next 5 seconds, but I am glad that she has found another way to entertain herself.

Caroline is getting so much more stable on her feet. When she is ready, she can sit down without hurting herself. And as much as I hate to think about it, I am afraid she will be walking before I know it. Instead of sitting in the swiveling seat inside the activity center, she just walks herself around the perimeter to get to all of the toys.


SO proud of herself!

Time to sit down

And back up





She definitely has the hang of getting herself up


This pic was kind of an accident. If I am sitting/standing anywhere near Caroline while she is standing up, she will turn and reach out to me. I usually take her hand and let her walk to me. There have been a few occassions where she completely let go of whatever she was holding onto and managed to stand totally on her own for a few seconds before I grabbed her hand. Well, in this case, I had the camera in my hand and she caught me off guard as I was trying to take another pic. She has no fear!


Well, at least the activity center is still keeping her entertained, even if it isn't keeping her contained any more ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment