Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Weekend at Grandma Daisy's

Grab some popcorn folks, this is a long one (I apologize for all of the extremely long posts of late. We've been busy!)

Last weekend, Caroline and I loaded up and headed to Turpin to see Grandma Daisy and Jimbo. We left on Friday and got there early Friday evening. I didn't take the dogs this time because Steven was going to be at home. That did make the 300 mile drive easier, but even still Caroline grew pretty restless about 3 hours in. I am now eating my words for almost bragging about how great she was in the car and how she would just sleep the whole way to where ever we were going. Those days are long gone! But, in poor Caroline's defense, I figured out after we got to my parents' house that she had started cutting another tooth. She started getting the first one (bottom middle) on Tuesday of last week and it finally poked through on Wednesday. But the other one decided to start its journey to the surface on Friday, while we were traveling. Poor baby :(

On Friday night, a big cold front was coming through and there was a possibility of some pretty nasty weather. Jimbo put the horses in the barn that night in case it hailed. The next morning, the horses had to be let out, so Caroline and I tagged along with Grandma Daisy. I was dying to see what she thought of the horses.

(Please note: It was about 7:45 a.m. Make-up and hair had not been done, so please excuse my appearance.)


She thought they were hysterical! I think she thought they were just really big Freds.
Feeding Stryker

Sitting on top of Simon! (Steven was really upset after seeing this picture. He was so bummed that he quote "missed her first horse ride". I quickly informed him that the horse was tied up and did not move, but he did not think that mattered. To him, this was riding a horse. Crazy Cajun.)


"Giddy up!"


"Hey, Simon! What are you doing???"


That afternoon, we went into town, had lunch, and shopped around a little bit. We went back to the house and relaxed and enjoyed the nice cool, cloudy fall day.


Caroline and Grandma Daisy played ball:





Trying to get the hang of rolling the ball


She would get so excited when the ball came to her. She just kept slapping it and it would eventually roll away. So funny!


Having a ball! He he I know I'm so clever.


My mom got my old high chair out and cleaned it up for Miss Caroline. I like to think of it as "vintage" rather than an "antique", thank you very much.


Ready to eat!


Caroline wasn't quite sure what to think of the cats. And Pookie wasn't quite sure what to think of Caroline.


On Sunday, we had lots of visitors stop by to see Caroline.

Caroline and Uncle Frank


Cousins, Chris and Tanner


Caroline loves my younger cousin, Torri


Later that afternoon, we went out back to do some "shopping" (I always seem to find something or a few somethings at my mom's house that she no longer needs and I take it home with me. Miss Daisy has some great stuff!).


Caroline did this while we "shopped"



On this particular day, we were shopping in my mom's holiday decor shed. That's right, she has an entire shed JUST for decorations. I scored some more fall decorations and some Christmas decorations.


The horses were watching us as we were going through the shed, so Caroline and I walked over to say hello. She absolutely LOVED the horses. To her, they were the most hilarious things (next to Fred of course).

Feeding Simon


She would get so tickled whenever he would eat from my hand




Feeding Stryker


Petting Stryker


She would touch them, and then turn around and bury her head in my shoulder and giggle. It was too cute!


Since my mom's house/yard is the perfect backdrop for pictures, I did a mini photo shoot with Caroline on Sunday afternoon.

This was on the front porch. I wish I could have gotten a couple better ones with the wheel barrow and the pumpkins, but some one kept trying to crawl away and I just knew she was going to face plant on the concrete.

We moved down to the grass to prevent any accidents. It was nearly impossible to get her to sit still enough to take a remotely decent picture. (P.S. Whose flower beds look like that in October??? Oh that's right, Miss Daisy's. Duh.)


And of course, Caroline had to take this opportunity to practice her new favorite trick, pulling herself up and standing. (Side note: Grandma Daisy bought Caroline her first pair of jeans while we were there. Aren't they adorable???)


Naturally, Caroline started posing in the wrong direction, so I got the bad side of the pumpkin and my car in the background. What are ya gonna do?

Car in the background again, but a little less noticeable.







I love that cute little face :)


My little lady bug




She was having a lot of fun in this tub.




My mom actually took this picture, so I can't really take credit for it


Checking out the soft green grass... Something we don't have much of here in Wichita Falls

We stayed through Monday since it was Columbus Day and my mom had the day off. As I was packing up the car to leave, Uncle Frank stopped by on the tractor.


He picked a flower for Caroline to smell, but she tried eating it instead. That's my girl!


And when I say tractor, I mean this operation. Uncle Frank and Caroline are up near the front. You can barely see them next to this monstrocity.


Uncle Frank and Caroline with the tractor


We had such a good visit with Grandma Daisy and Bump. Caroline can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment