Monday, October 3, 2011

Tiffany's Wedding

The last weekend in September, the Broussards packed our bags and headed to Tulsa to celebrate Tiffany and Scott's nuptials. I went to school at OSU with Tiffany and we were in the same pledge class at Gamma Phi. She is one of my dearest friends and I was so honored to be part of her big day.

Since I needed to be in Tulsa by 9:00 a.m. Friday morning for mani/pedis, we left Wichita Falls on Thursday afternoon. My sweet, sweet friend Ashley was gracious enough to let us stay with her. We were SOOO thankful for her hospitality since we really were not looking forward to braving a hotel room with a very rambunctous and mobile Caroline.

Once we got there Thursday evening, we settled in and went to grab some dinner at In the Raw, which is an awesome sushi place.


Caroline getting some quality time with Aunt Ashley at dinner!


After dinner, we headed back to Ashley's house to get settled in for the night and get Caroline ready for bed. Ashley managed to get this picture of Caroline during bath time:


Could those eyes be any bigger???


On Friday morning, I set out for a mani/pedi date with the Bride and the rest of the bridal party. Steven kept Caroline while I enjoyed some relaxing me time with friends.


Funny story: After mani/pedis, we had a little bit of time before the Bridesmaids' Luncheon. Kendra, Emily, and I set out to find a Starbucks to grab some coffee and change into our dresses for the luncheon. However, I had a major wardrobe malfunction. My dress had a side zipper and it got stuck about half way up when Kendra tried to zip it. We tried and tried to get it down, but it was no use. The zipper ended up splitting and I was all but stuck in the dress...in the Starbucks bathroom (And by the way, the dress was not too small. The zipper went up just fine the day before, thank you very much). I finally managed to shimmy my way out of my dress in time to throw my jean shorts and shirt back on and run to the luncheon. I was so embarrassed. Every one else had changed and looked so nice.... And there I was in jean shorts. That's my life. I can't make this stuff up.


Any way, the luncheon was wonderful. Mrs. Wortham, Tiffany's mom, had the sweetest gift for Tiff. She had the ring bearer's pillow, the flower girl's basket, and a little clutch for Tif to carry made out of the fabric from her wedding dress she wore when she married Tif's dad. So sweet.


Bridal and House Party!

Tif and her sweet momma, Anna


The whole group


After the luncheon, I caught a ride back to Ashley's with Kendra. We had a few hours to kill before the rehearsal. Every one came inside to say hi to Caroline. My friend Kendra, who actually just returned from her honeymoon that same week, is not exactly the most baby friendly person. She grew up as an only child and really just hasn't had a lot of experience with the little boogers. Every one was passing Caroline around and Kendra was just standing there with an uncomfortable look on her face. Finally, she said, "Okay, I guess I'll try", meaning, she would try to hold Caroline. And this is what happened:


So funny!

"Um, maybe this way... No... Um..."


I love the look on Kendra's face in this picture. You can totally see how uncomfortable she is! Before I had Caroline, I was pretty awkward with babies myself and I still wouldn't consider myself to be the best, but Kendra makes me look like a pro. I think Aunt Kendra has decided that she likes to watch Caroline from the sidelines. I can't wait until Kendra and Gary have babies :)


Caroline had lots of quality time with her daddy. Ashley lives right by the river there in Tulsa, so while I was doing "bridal things", Steven strapped on the Baby Bjorn and went for a walk in the park with his Sweet Caroline. They had a blast!

Friday evening, we had the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Ashley, being the amazingly kind-hearted person she is, offered to watch Caroline for us while we went to the evenings festivities. It was such a HUGE favor because it really would have been a struggle to keep her happy the entire evening. Plus, the wedding party took a trolley out the the lodge where the rehearsal dinner was being held, and it really wasn't carseat friendly. So, Caroline had a much more relaxing evening with Aunt Ashley and Aunt Sarah. They took great care of my girl!


Ashley took this picture of Caroline while she was eating dinner... Again HUGE eyes!


Steven and I at the rehearsal dinner (Note to self: Don't wear a dress you wore when you were pregnant... Even if it isn't a maternity dress, it can still make you look like the Good Year blimp)


Some of my favorites, Kendra and Emily!


The beautiful Bride, Tiffany!



The Bride and Groom, Scott and Tiffany

On Saturday, I met every one at the hair salon to tame my fro. Caroline stayed with Steven and I hoped and prayed that he would put her wedding attire on correctly (he is a fantastic daddy, but he has a history of putting clothing on the wrong way).


After our hair appointments, we headed to the church to finish getting ready and get into our dresses.

I would also like to point out that during this time, we were all checking the score to the OSU/Texas A&M game non-stop. And I'm sure you all know how it turned out.. Let's just say I got some really sick pleasure out of wearing my OSU shirts around Wichita Falls the next week ;) Go Pokes!



Tif in her beautiful dress!


Kendra and Jo doing some last minute touch-ups.


Darcy and I waiting for the ceremony to start


The ceremony was beautiful. Everything went perfectly. It was so sweet to see Scott and Tif become Mr. and Mrs.!


Chad and Em-they are actually going to be tying the knot next March! The wedding streak continues!

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Grantham!


Caroline dancing with Daddy at the reception

Me and my girl!


I love this picture of Caroline. I wanted a pic of her entire outfit (which Daddy put on perfectly), but what I got was so much more. Can you say EYES?!

Caroline did really great during the reception. She hung in until a little while after we ate and then she started getting tired. I went out to the hallway at the country club and did my mommy thing and she was out. I had Steven go get the carseat so we could put her in it. Awhile ago, Steven's friends Nic and Jenn told us about a little trick they did with their two boys. When they would go out to eat, they would feed them and get them to sleep, and then put them under the table.... I know, some of you are reading this and probably picking up the phone to call Child Protective Services. But seriously, think about it... It is dark, the sound is muffled, and no one can mess with them. It is GENIUS! We put Caroline under the table and she was out the entire rest of the reception. Steven stayed at the table all night to keep an eye out on her so that I could tear it up on the dance floor. Every one kept asking where Caroline was, and when we said "Under the table", no one believed us until we showed them. It worked both ways: We got to stay and enjoy the reception, and she got some much needed shut-eye. Don't judge it until you try it :)

Sleeping like a rock!


The beautiful Bride!


Major and General Broussard (if you have to ask who the General is, then you really don't know me)


So, my friend Kendra has this thing she does called "The Raptor". It is a party favorite and just about the most hilarious/disturbing thing you will ever see. Her own husband Gary has never seen it because he refuses to watch her do it. He is seriously missing out. Steven insisted on getting a raptor pic. Apparently Emily was really scared.


Kendra and I trying to remember the Thriller dance. We could practically do it in our sleep in college, but it has been a few years.


Friends! Jo, me, Emily, Kendra, and Jess


Overall, we had a great weekend in Tulsa. It was so exciting to see such a great friend marry an awesome guy. Caroline had a blast seeing all of her crazy Aunties and I would say that her first wedding was a success. However, I must say that weddings are a little more hectic when you have events to get to and you also have to play Mommy. I couldn't have done it without Steven and my awesome friends to help out. The saying is true, it really does take a village to raise a child.

1 comment: