Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Caroline's Latest Trick...

So naturally, I am somewhat behind in posting this. Do you really expect anything else from me? Don't even ask about the status of Caroline's baby book.... Such is my life.

Any way, 2 weeks ago, my darling daughter thrilled me with her latest and greatest trick: pulling up. The first time it happened, she was playing on the floor in the living room. She crawled over to a chair and I could tell what she was about to do. She pulled herself up lickity-split, but as soon as the light bulb came on and she realized what she had done, she fell back down. In my wishful thinking naivety, I thought "Well, that was probably just a fluke. Hopefully she will forget what she did". Well, she didn't. Two days later, she did it again, but for real this time.

I was in her room cleaning out and organizing her closet. Since she was all over the place and I couldn't really keep my eye on her, I put her in her crib with a bunch of toys. She played and played while I worked. I noticed that she had gotten quiet and when I looked over, this is what I saw:


I didn't have the camera handy, and I didn't want to risk running to get it, so please bear with the grainy cell phone pics-it was all I had!




"I think this is how this goes..."

"Almost..."



"Did I do it?!"




"I think I'm doing it!"



"Huh. So this is what the floor looks like from here."







"This is pretty cool!"



"Check me out!"






Since then, there has been no stopping her. She will pull herself up in no time flat. I am just not ready for this.







She was pulling herself up here, but I didn't get a pic of the finished product because I was too freaked out that she was going to bust her head. But you get the idea

She is literally pulling up on anything and everything, even Fred.



And obviously he doesn't mind :)



And, as if that isn't enough, this week she has kind of started "cruising" the furniture when she pulls up on it. Her favorite thing to pull up on is my chair and she will go back and forth on it. I am JUST NOT READY for this... Not so much in the "Oh, my baby is growing up way", but more in the "I am not ready for you to be fully mobile" way. Oh well. It had to happen some time. I have to keep reminding myself that things aren't on my schedule. So far, I keep forgetting ;)





























No comments:

Post a Comment