Monday, July 18, 2011

Caroline 4 Months

I can not believe that my little nugget is already 4 months old... I remember just praying that I made it to this point in those first few weeks. Every day is more and more fun. She has changed so much since she was born, but I really feel like just in the last 10 days or so, she has REALLY changed. It seems like she is doing something new every day!

She is using her hands a lot now. She is very interested in her toys and loves to grab them now. Of course, everything she grabs goes straight to her mouth. It is funny, because she already seems to have a couple favorite toys. And, she not only tries to grab her toys, but she has started trying to reach for the dogs, especially Jack. I think she is intrigued by all of his crazy hair. She found her feet a couple weeks ago and is always holding onto at least one. But, a few nights ago, Steven and I went out to dinner and she figured out how to suck on her toes, so she is doing that a lot now. Whatever makes her happy!

She has sort of been rolling over for about the last month, but she just couldn't quite get it right. She would always end up with one arm pinned beneath her, and she just couldn't figure out how to get it out. But, she has perfected it now. I have tried and tried to get her to spend time on her stomach from the beginning, but she just wouldn't have it. But now that she can get there herself, she likes it. Go figure :)

Caroline is starting to babble more and more. I feel like she comes up with a new sound every few days. For the last two days, she has been doing this weird growling noise. She will just sit and do it for about 20 minutes straight. It is too funny. Again, whatever makes her happy.

We went to the doctor for her 4 month check up today. She now weighs 12 pounds 0.05 ounces and is 25 inches long... Basically, she is long and skinny. Big surprise there! We're starting her on rice cereal now, so stay tuned to see how that goes. I can't believe she is about to start eating real food!



This pic pretty much sums up my Sweet Caroline at this point.. Hands always in her mouth, and usually playing with one or both feet.


Oh you want a picture without me chewing on my hand or playing with my foot???





That didn't last long... But she's happy :)



Look what I can do!




Oops... What happened to you weird blue bird that lives in my room?



SOOO happy! If you're having a bad day, just look at this picture... I bet you smile :)


People keep telling me that time will fly by and before I know it I will be dropping her off at kindergarten... I know it is true, so I am trying to cherish every little moment with her. Some days I still can't believe that I have a baby and that I am a mom, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I can't wait to see what the next few months have in store for my Sweet Caroline.

No comments:

Post a Comment