Saturday, July 2, 2011

You know you have an awesome baby when...

Since Caroline has been in the picture, our lives have changed a lot. However, Steven and I have also tried to keep things somewhat the same on our end. I'm actually pretty proud of the fact that we have still remained somewhat sociable since we have had a baby. Let's face it, it isn't like Wichita Falls has a hoppin social scene, so it's not like we have tons of options and we're dragging our baby to raging parties. We are pretty low key and the most exciting thing we do is go out to eat at least once a week with a group of our friends here. And even though we have had a baby, we still do a lot of entertaining at our house. Caroline is pretty agreeable to just about anything we do. But, this week, we put that to the test.



There have been several movies that Steven and I have been wanting to see lately, but we kind of just shrugged it off because we're not quite at the point of getting a babysitter to come watch Caroline while we do dinner and a movie. We kind of started playing with the idea of going to a later show and just taking Caroline with us, in hopes that she would just sleep through the entire thing0. I still didn't think we would ever brave a movie theater though. But finally, a movie came out that Steven just couldn't wait until it came out on Blu-ray....






Sigh.....


Caroline and I didn't exactly share his enthusiasm for this movie. Steven decided that since he had a 4 day weekend coming up, we were going to go watch it one night. So, Thursday night, we hauled ourselves to the movie theater for the 10:35 p.m. showing of Transformers in 3-D. We gave Caroline a bath, fed her, and put her in her pjs. She passed out and didn't even wake up when we put her in the carseat. Even still, I was a total ball of nerves. It wasn't so much that I didn't trust Caroline to be good, it was more of dreading the looks from the other theater patrons (which we did get, but come on, I would have given the same look upon seeing a baby enter the movie I was about to watch). But, our darling girl did great! She didn't even wake up once, which is saying something considering all of the crashing/blowing up that was taking place on screen. I think if she can make it through Transformers, a chick flick should be no problem :)


I didn't get a pic of her in the theater. I was too stressed out before the lights went down and the movie began, and I tried to get one as the movie was ending, but Steven was trying to run out the door (yes, he is THAT guy that makes a mad dash towards the exit). But, picture or no picture, I still think that Caroline's first movie experience is worth being told. I was nervous for no reason. All in all, it was nice to almost feel like a normal couple again... even with a carseat at our feet in a movie theater :)

No comments:

Post a Comment